Report a Concern
Employees or others are encouraged to report all known or suspected instances of misuse of University resources and known or suspected instances of improper governmental activities by University employees and are protected from retaliation for making such reports.
You should report any activity by UC or a UC employee that
- Violates University policy
- Violates a State or federal law or regulation such as corruption, malfeasance, bribery, theft or misuse of government property, fraud, coercion and conversion;
- Wastes money, or
- Involves gross misconduct, gross incompetence, or gross inefficiency.
You can report any violation to
- Your Supervisor, department head, or another University official
- The Locally Designated Official (LDO) in the Administrative Policies & Compliance Office
- Campus Human Resources, Health System Human Resources, or Academic Personnel Office
- Audit & Advisory Services
- Whistleblower Hotline: (800) 403-4744 or universityofcalifornia.edu/hotline
Emergencies and Safety Concerns
- Any imminent threat to health or safety should be immediately reported to University police by calling 911.
- Any serious workplace injury or environmental safety concern should be promptly reported to the Environment, Health & Safety hotline at (310) 825-9797.
how to report
- In writing or orally
- With as much specific factual informaion possible (report what you know, but don't investigate - leave that to the experts)
- Anonymously, if you prefer
Confidentiality will be maintained, to the extent possible.
protection from retaliation
- If you believe you have been retaliated against for blowing the whistle on improper activity, you may be eligible to file a complaint.
- Please inquire with Human Resources, Academic Personnel, or the Locally Designated Official in the Administrative Policies & Compliance Office.
Contact UCLA Compliance
Have a question or need guidance on a compliance matter? Ask UCLA Compliance - we’re here to help!